Tuesday, January 5, 2016

What's for Dinner?!?!

I hate to admit this but I am such a creature of habit when it comes to my meals.  Cooking is not something I enjoy doing, nor am I very creative when it comes to planning and cooking meals.  
I wish I was but I have never been.  I totally wish I had my own chef!  

I typically have a salad with fish or grilled chicken for dinner each night. I know...totally Plain Jane!  
Tonight I decided to give the 21 Day Fix approved Almond Crusted Chicken recipe a try and let me tell you, it was delicious!  Everyone gave it a thumbs up in our house.  
I will definitely make this again.  Let me know if you give it a try and what you think!!

Almond Crusted Chicken

~ Raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
~ 1/2 cup almond flour
~ 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
~ 1 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon peel (lemon zest)
~ 1/4 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
~ 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
~ 1 large egg, lightly beaten
~ 1/4 water
~ 1 Tbsp Olive oil (or coconut oil)
~ 3 tsp olive oil
Mixed vegetables (we just had broccoli)

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place a chicken breast on a cutting board and slice thin and pound it out thin
3. Combine almond flour, garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper in a shallow dish; mix well then set aside
4. Combine egg and water and whisk to blend.
5. Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture; dredge in almond flour mixture until evenly coated and set aside.
-6. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
7. Add chicken and cook 3-4 min each side.
8. Place in skillet oven. Bake for 10-12 min.
9. Cook your vegetables

If you are following the 21 day fix program the recipe contains (1 Green, 1 Red, 1/2 Orange and 1 spoon)

Enjoy!!

No comments :

Post a Comment