Monday, May 30, 2016

Project "Me"


Not sure how it happens but after having kids most of us lose ourselves.  We have less time to focus on ourselves.  Instead we let ourselves fall to the bottom of the important list of things to focus on in our daily lives.  We become "Mom", "Mommy", "Gavin's Mom", "Maxwell's Mom", "Nick's wife" etc.   We are more worried about getting the kids to school, kids sporting events, kids activities, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, food shopping, cooking dinner, doing homework with the kids, taking care of the dog, getting the kids ready for bed and the list goes on.  Over the years we tell ourselves we don't have time to workout, we don't have time to focus on our nutrition, we just don't have time to focus on being "BreAnn".  We all have a little voice in our head tell us well I need to do something but we are not sure what it is and even when we find it we just tell ourselves that it probably won't work, I will probably fail or that program won't "work" for me.  Instead we turn to what is quick, easy and over time the woman we used to be some how gets lost.  Don't get me wrong, I would never trade in the "Mom" card.  I love these two little boys with all my heart and don't know where I would be without them but I also know how important it is to take care of "Me".  I noticed that once I started taking care of me, is when I became a better mom, wife, friend.

Most of my challengers are also fellow moms and a lot of my challengers tell me that they hit a point in their lives when enough is enough and they need to start focusing on taking care of themselves.  They want to look and feel like they did before having kids.  Most of my challengers also tell me how important it is to them to set a good example for the little ones in their life.  For me, I totally get that.  Not only do my kids see me workout daily but they want to join in on the fun.  They also see me making smart choices with nutrition.  We do not deprive our kids of snacks or treats but I can also say that my kids eat very healthy meals.  They try new foods and pretty much eat what we eat.  

This new lifestyle is not always easy and yes I have days that I slip and fall but I do know that I feel so much better inside and out when I am focusing on "Me"!  I am definitely a work in progress, as we all are.  I just keep taking one day at a time to focus on "Me".  

I am looking for other moms, mommas, mommies out there that are ready to start focusing on themselves for a change!  Fill out the application below for more information regarding my next challenge group is "Project Me".  I want to help you find that woman that is itching to come out! 
Are you ready?  


Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments :

Post a Comment