Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas Cookies - White Chocolate Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal Cookies...Yummy!!


Each year I make a lot of Christmas cookies!  I don't mean 3 or 4 different kinds, I am talking about 10-12 different kinds.  I know I am crazy but I love doing it and it has become my tradition.  It is the one time during the whole year that I do this too :)  This year is no different!
I like to try new recipes and make some of our families favorite ones from past years too. I have been trying to bake 2 or 3 kids each evening.  I am sure you are thinking...what does she do with all of these cookies.  Well...of course my family and I eat some of them but I also give away a lot of them.  Family Christmas parties, friends, family members, teachers and we save some for our New Years Eve party too!  
I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite kinds from this year.  The first one is a new one this year and let me tell you it is YUMMY!!!  Probably one of my favorites!  It is chewy melt-in-your-mouth oatmeal cookies bursting with blueberries and layers of white chocolate and coconut. These will amaze you!  They will definitely make the list next year too!!
Let me know what you think if you are lucky enough to get to try one of these from me or if you make them yourself!!
INGREDIENTS
  • 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup shredded coconut flakes
  • 2.5 ounces good-quality white chocolate bar, coarsely chopped (a little over 1/2 cup)
  • frozen organic blueberries (you'll need 2 blueberries per cookie, so around 40-50 blueberries)

Preheat  oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

Beat together melted coconut oil and brown sugar until smooth. Add in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla; beat again for 2 minutes or until smooth.

Stir in flour & oat mixture to the wet ingredients; mixing until well combined. Slowly fold in coconut and white chocolate chunks. Use a cookie scoop to gather a large rounded tablespoon of dough. Flatten the dough in the palm of your hand and add two blueberries on top, roll dough back into a ball and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with each dough ball then place cookies on cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 10-13 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes on baking sheet until the cookies firm up a bit. Transfer to a wire rack to allow cookies to cool completely. Makes 2 dozen.

No comments :

Post a Comment